Sunday, July 5, 2009

Motherhood to Teenagers

It is a lot different living at our house these days. With two children being teenagers, 13 and 16, days are not predictable any more. I know have to plan around Brandy's job schedule. With Kyle I have to work around his pool time with the neighborhood friends and archery practice. I always though diapers and temper tantums were the hardest parts of parenthood but I can say that was only the beginning.

Brandy started driving the jeep a couple of weeks ago....she is thrilled to have such a cool vehicle to drive to Spring High at the beginning of school. She's looking at finding the right set of seat covers. I wonder if they will be a shade of blue!

Kyle is totally off his seizure medication for 8 weeks now. As the mother, I'm still a little nervous but he reassures me he feels fine. He has his "Jay Leno" moments especailly at night but I do beleive beleive part of that is his true personality.

No, I don;t have a new job yet. I did send my resume to one place but realized that it is a new place being built in Humble and is not finished yet. It is a long term rehab place. I thought it might be a place to get my feet wet again after being in the school environment for so many years. But I'm doing okay with being home and in lots of way I really like it. I can get a lot done in a day. Since the kids are older that can help with daily chores and simple meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment